Easy to install
Easy to remove – Teflon!
Chemical resistance – inert with most chemicals
For rough surfaces – conformal
Extra-long shelf life
Blue Max® boiler gaskets are made from a special formula glass/elastomer-impregnated tacky cloth. The gaskets have their sizes clearly marked for easy installation. These super-strong gaskets resist splitting due to over-tightening flange surfaces.
- Zero Leakage Under Pressure: Even the slightest leakage is too much, as it increases maintenance and reduces boiler life. Tests by major boiler manufacturers confirm that Blue-Max® gaskets seal- with zero leakage-on steam to 450 psi and on cold-water hydro tests up to 1500 psi and Blue-Max® gaskets withstand working temperatures up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Rubber gaskets simply can’t withstand that kind of pressure and heat.
- Easily Removed : Removal is easy and requires no scraping, chiseling or grinding. This is important in reducing the maintenance costs and down time. Sizes Clearly Marked : Each Blue-Max® gasket is permanently marked with its size, so you’ll know immediately you have the appropriate one.
- Easy Problem Free Installation : Blue-Max® gaskets offer installation advantages over other types. Because of the materials construction and strength, there is no danger of over tightening the gasket and cutting it in half. A Blue-Max® gasket naturally lays flat on the flange and requires no special installation tools, procedures or training. Simply install the gasket and crank it down. Refer to Step #4 on the Installation Instructions.
- Maximum Sealing on Rough Surfaces : Rough and pitted surfaces on old or poorly maintained flanges pose no problem for a Blue-Max® gasket. The material is resilient enough to conform perfectly to surface topography and maintain the tightest possible seal.
- Chemical Resistant : The proprietary Teflon wrap is resistant to the chemicals used in treating boiler water, so gaskets will last longer.
- Extended Shelf Life : A Blue-Max® Gasket won’t dry out or lose its strength while in sits on the shelf.